REMINDER: USE ISSUU IF CONTENT IS OVER 5MB
Issuu is a free online service that allows high quality and customizable viewing of uploaded material. Issuu can be used to upload special sections, complete editions of your newspaper and other large, multi-page files. Simply upload your pages to Issuu and a unique URL will be created that can be added to your online contest entry and will take the judge directly to your content on www.issuu.com.
TO CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT
1. Go to www.issuu.com and click Create Account (top right)
2. Enter information requested and click Agree and continue. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click the link in the email to complete the sign-up process.
3. Once you verify your account, you will be prompted to complete two steps before you can begin uploading content.
TO UPLOAD CONTENT
—-> An entry can contain one or multiple pages. If an entry has multiple pages, combine pages into one PDF before uploading
1. Once you’ve logged in, click Upload (top right)
2. To upload content, click Browse, navigate to the desired file and select Open. (To select multiple files, click Upload many files. To upload multiple files, you must select at least three files. If your entry contains fewer than three files, use Normal single upload.)
3. Complete the required general information. (In the Type field, select Newspaper or Other as your document type.)
4. YOu can leave the default settings for Target your audience, Media, Publishing options and Sharing options as is or change as desired.
5. Once you’ve completed the form, Upload file.
TO GET THE WEB ADDRESS FOR YOUR CONTENT
1. Hover the cursor over your username (top right) and select My Library from the drop-down list.
2. Hover your cursor over the document you need and click Open.
3. Below the document are several icons, including an envelope. Click the envelope icon to Share this publication. Copy the link to your clipboard.
4. Paste the link into your entry’s Website URL field on www.betterbnc.com. The judges will be able to access your content without the need for a password or Issuu account.
(Note: Issuu limits private documents to 5 per user without a paid subscription. Contestants can use Issuu’s free service to upload as many public documents as they like.)